「Academia Sinica Website－Privacy Protection and Information Security Policy」
Effective date: 21st February 2017
Welcome to the Academia Sinica Website! In order to protect and respect your privacy while browsing this website, we have established the following Privacy Protection and Information Security Policy.
To help you understand how your privacy is protected while you are using the services provided by this website, and how we collect, process, use and protect personal information provided, please read the following carefully:
1. Scope of Application
This Privacy Protection and Information Security Policy applies only to the collection, processing, use, and security of users' personal information while using the services provided by this website (and all websites provided by the Department of Information Technology Services, Academia Sinica).
2. Collection, Processing, and Use of Personal Information
- While browsing or downloading documents from this website, except for the automatic server recordings described in subsections “b” and “c”, personal data will not be collected by this website.
- Information recorded by this website includes but is not limited to user IP address, time of access, web pages browsed within the website. This data is used for designated purposes such as the protection of onsite information, routine maintenance and audit management. It also serves as a data bank for website management in the evaluation of content and system improvement, and for aggregate analysis of website traffic and network behavior. This analysis aims solely at improving website service quality; no analysis will be conducted on individual users.
- The services and information provided by users to this website are managed in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act of the Republic of China (R.O.C.) and the relevant ordinances. Information gathered on users will not be used for any purposes beyond stated specific purposes. However, we maintain the right to judiciously gather and use the users' information in accordance with R.O.C. law under the conditions prescribed within Article 16 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
- Under the Personal Information Protection Act, we may be required by the Judiciary or other authorized organizations, as appointed by the R.O.C. government, to abide by the law and provide relevant information under written instruction to do so.
3. Information Protection Policy and Data Protection
Any unauthorized attempt to tamper with services provided by this website is prohibited and may violate R.O.C. law. To ensure website safety and normal service provision along with the protection of users' personal information, this website’s management offers the following safety protection measures:
- A network intrusion detection system to monitor network traffic and avoid any unauthorized attempts to upload or change web information or deliberately destroy information.
- Installment of a firewall to prevent illegal intrusion, damage or theft of data and prevent the website from being used for illegal purposes.
- Use of relevant systems and programs to ensure information safety on the Internet and offer a safe website browsing environment for users.
- Establishment of an information safety incident monitoring mechanism for notification and management to avoid any incident, and ensure the website returns to normal operation in minimal time with minimal damage in the event of any incident arising.
- Regular patch renews in accordance with operating-system manufacturer's requests.
4. External Links Provided by the Website
Webpages on this website provide Internet links to other websites. By clicking on these links, other websites may be entered. This Privacy Protection and Information Security Policy is not applicable to websites accessed through these links. You should refer to their respective policies while using these linked sites.
Users must obey the terms-of-use as stated in the following Acts: Taiwan Academic Network Management and Norms, and Academia Sinica Network Management and Norms. Users must not use the services provided on this site for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful manner and must abide by relevant laws of the R.O.C. If you are a user outside the R.O.C., in using this site you must also agree to abide by the laws within the country or region you reside. In using this site, you agree and guarantee not to use this website to infringe upon the rights and interests of others nor to conduct any illegal activities. Any person harming the safety of information on this website will be held legally liable and punished under the relevant provisions.
7. Privacy and Security Policy Amendments
Amendments to privacy, security, and terms-of-use policy may be instituted if necessary. Such changes will be announced on the website.
8. Inquiries Regarding the Privacy Protection Declaration
If you have any questions or inquiries regarding this website's Privacy Protection and Information Security Policy, please contact us anytime at https://8855.sinica.edu.tw.